Success! You are confirmed.
The irresistible vegan chocolate dessert by a French pastry chef
Anais has traveled around the world to create, individually or in partnership with other pastry chefs, plant-based delicacies with a modern and refined aesthetic. The key components of her creative process are sharing, curiosity and compassion.
In this hour-long, free, workshop, Anais will show you how:
- A detailed step-by-step recipe of a delicious chocolate dessert composed of a chocolate mousse, a light vanilla whipped cream (without coconut taste!) and a thin and crispy cocoa nib tuile.
- Some technical tips from a French pastry chef on how to tackle the broad horizon of vegan pastry.
- Master the art of creamy, light and airy dairy-free and eggless chocolate mousse.
- Learn how to make a delicious vegan whipped cream without any additives and without any coconut taste.
- Finish your dessert with a beautiful tuile that clearly makes a wow effect.
Registration is free.
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m EDT / 8:00 a.m PT
Even if you cannot make it live, register anyway and we'll send out a workshop replay. Hope to see you live!
It all started with my childhood in France, a taste for good things, a love for gourmet pastries and for the power of flavors. Then life: law school, becoming a lawyer in Montreal, adapting, performing. And, suddenly, the need for something different. I wanted to feel the material, and to shape it: that was the turning point that led me to change my professional path and move from practicing law to baking plant-based pastries, with a real leap into the void two years ago.
In the meantime, I experienced a deep shift in awareness regarding food and our consumption habits. Plant-based eating imposed itself in my life, for all possible reasons, including out of compassion for all of the beings that inhabit this planet.
That's when I began to veganize the basics of classic French pastries such as butter, sweet dough, custard and whipped cream. Influenced by modern French pastry and the aesthetics of Scandinavian cuisine, I particularly enjoy working with a simple and clean presentation with a focus on taste and texture.
In the summer of 2019, I had the amazing opportunity to be involved, in collaboration with American chef Matthew Kenney, in the implementation of a plant-based menu for Maison Ladurée in Beverly Hills, California. I am currently pursuing various other collaborations and plant-based pastry consultations around the world, with chefs and restaurants alike.