This course is typically $59 and generously made available for free until May 31st from the team over at Christopher Kimball's Milk Street.
Master the art of cooking without a recipe
Here's what you will learn in this course:
- Learn two dramatically different ways to prepare each of seven ingredients. These are our must-have techniques; if you never learn another cooking method, you'll still be set for a lifetime of great food.
- Crack the code of great recipes by mastering the Milk Street Theory of Cooking
- Practice reverse-engineering your dinner. When you know your goal, you'll make the right choices from start to finish.
- Memorize 10 essential Milk Street cooking tricks and techniques. These little recipes, techniques and tips are the tools you need for true kitchen improv.
- Use Milk Street's essential spice blends, aromatic combinations and condiments to endlessly customize a recipe template to fit your preferences.
- Learn what equipment is absolutely essential. We give you our bare-bones list of knives, pots, pans and small tools, and nothing more.
What To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- Extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Class chat forums
What NOT To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who Milk Street Classes Are For:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.