About this course
This course is designed to give you the necessary ground knowledge to pass the FAA Private Pilot Airplane (PAR) Knowledge Test in preparation for the Private Pilot license or certificate. We specifically designed this material to be comprehensive and not just an overview.
You won’t feel overwhelmed – you will walk into the test room with confidence. Many people who take this course haven’t taken an exam in 30 years or more.
You will be able to spot the trick questions on the test and answer them right. You don’t need any prior aviation experience to take this course.
This is the only resource that you will need to pass the test. Having everything in one structured place is efficient and it will take you less time to pass.
This is a self-paced course. Each video is roughly 3-5 minutes and you can easily pick up where you left off. You can also watch videos as many times as you’d like.
Many people try to pass the written exam with short-term memorization. Even if you pass doing this, it often creates big problems down the line with the checkride and oral exams. Your instructor could force you to get expensive residual training.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- ask tough questions to flight schools and avoid spending unnecessary money,
- know what it takes to become a private pilot, and what you can do with your license,
- understand how aircraft systems operate so you save time during your preflight inspection,
- learn how instruments in the cockpit work, and what information they provide you in flight,
- explain how airplanes fly and the effect of various aerodynamic forces,
- compute weight and balance problems and properly load the aircraft,
- calculate density altitude and understand its effect on performance,
- interpret the Federal Aviation Regulation and stay out of trouble,
- understand the factors that affect flight performance, including hypoxia and various illusions,
- assess and mitigate risk,
- identify and predict dangerous weather phenomena,
- read and understand aviation weather report such as METAR, TAF, and PIREPs.
- understand how airports are organized and how to decode airport data,
- communicate on the radio and understand what controllers and other pilots are saying,
- identify airspace on charts,
- read charts and extract useful information to safely conduct your flights,
- navigate the aircraft using on board instruments,
- master the use of flight computers,
- and more importantly, successfully plan a cross-country flight!
We keep videos clear and concise and this course is mobile and user-friendly.
I will go IN DETAIL about each of the knowledge areas and provide explanations to not only pass the test, but also become a proficient pilot. This will give you the confidence you need when you are in the cockpit. I divided the course into five logical sections.
(1) The first part covers an introduction to flight training (including tips on picking a flight school from a 15-year flight school executive), aircraft structure, aircraft systems, and flight instruments.
(2) The second part goes over Basic Aerodynamics, Aerodynamic Forces, Weight & Balance, and Performance & Limitations.
(3) The third part covers Regulation, Inspections & Documents, Aeromedical Factors, and Aeronautical Decision Making.
(4) The fourth part focuses Weather Theory, Weather Services, Airport Operations, and Radio Communications.
(5) The fifth and final part discusses Airspace, Charts, Navigation, Flight Computer & Cross-Country Planning.
Included in this course are links to the free FAA publications as well as over 800 practice questions and several practice exams.
This course follows the guidance of the Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) under Part 61. You should definitely start flight training while taking this course but previous experience is NOT required to start.
Learning how to safely fly a plane at first looks like a foreign language. We’ve put together this resource to make becoming a pilot easier and share our love of flight.
The Easiest Way to Become a Private Pilot.
This course makes becoming a Private Pilot easier. We cover everything you need to know starting with choosing a flight school all the way to planning your first cross-country flight.
- Designed for visual, auditory, and reading learners.
- Achieve your life-long dream of taking flight and becoming a pilot.
- Lifetime Access - Go at your own pace.
- Short, easy to understand videos. Be flying in no time.
- 30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.