Here's what you will learn in this course:
- Less sauce, more flavor: Real italian pasta sauces condense flavor
- Why pasta cooking water is a key ingredient: High starch water makes a better pasta sauce
- You don't know pesto genovense: We discover the secrets of authentic basil pesto
- Secrets of stable, creamy sauces: Tricks for creamy sauces that stay creamy
- Cooking pasta in the sauce: How and when this makes a lot of sense
- 10 pasta recipes to change the way you cook: Cacio e Pepe, Pasta All'Amatriciana, Spaghetti al Limone and more
What To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- Extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Class chat forums
What NOT To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who Milk Street Classes Are For:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.