This course is typically $39 and generously made available for free until May 31st from the team over at Christopher Kimball's Milk Street.
Here's what you will learn in this course:
- Stews and Braises - Skip the water. Learn how to harness the flavorful liquid that meats and vegetables release under pressure for better tasting, more concentrated stews.
- Roasts and Ribs - Not everything needs to be a stew. Use the Instant Pot to crisp up crackle-crusted roasts and ribs that are tender to the bone and saucy, not gloppy.
- Pasta - Cook noodles in sauce - no boiling, no draining, no problem - for better tasting pasta. Great pasta is now a one-pot meal.
- Rice - Use lower pressure and much less liquid to make Instant Pot meals boasting tender protein, fluffy rice and vibrant flavor.
- Beans - Skip the soak and load up on flavor for creamy made-from-scratch weeknight beans.
- Vegetables - Perfect cooking the bet kept secret of the Instant Pot - vegetables - to make complex - but not complicated mains and sides.
What To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- Extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Class chat forums
What NOT To Expect in Milk Street Classes:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who Milk Street Classes Are For:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.