Are you afraid to start investing?
I get it. I was raised in poverty and was also afraid to invest. Actually, terrified is probably more accurate. I didn't want to make a mistake and lose everything I worked so hard to get. But the reality is that standing on the sidelines is hurting you more. After getting an MBA from Harvard and a degree in finance from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, all of my professors seemed to agree on one thing: investing doesn't have to be complicated. I am bringing you those same lessons. By the end of this course you will have opened your first investing account and made your first investment. Welcome aboard.
This course is for everyone who wants to learn how to invest.
Thanks for your interest in my course! It has everything you need you can start to invest and be confident that you can build a better future for you and your loved ones.
This course is PERFECT for you if:
- You want to invest your money in the stock market, but don't know where to start
- You are afraid of investing and are worried that you'll screw it up
- You aren't looking for a 'get rich quick' scheme (hint: they don't work)
- You've never invested before
- You already have a 401k or IRA but have no clue how it works or how it's invested
- You want to feel confident that you'll have enough money to retire
What Investing Is
What are stocks? What are bonds? What is an ETF? Why is this so complicated? It's easy to see why investing can seem overwhelming at first. But don't worry, all of this will become crystal clear to you.
How Investing Works
Buy low, sell high... that's all I need to know, right? Not exactly... This course is all about passive investing strategies that are recommended by the world's best investors like Warren Buffett. You
won't need to worry daily fluctuations because we are investing for very long time horizons.
How To Build A Portfolio
I'll cover how to build a simple–yet effective–investment portfolio that will give you confidence. Whether you plan to handle your investments yourself, use a robo-advisor, or hire a financial advisor, it's important for you to understand how investing works. This course will give you the tools you need to get started.
Do NOT take this course if you:
1. Want to learn how to pick individual stocks or learn about bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
2. Are hoping to become a Robinhood millionaire after a few weeks.
3. Want to get rich quick. This course is about passive investing over long time horizons in the stock market by using index funds, target-retirement funds, or a combination of them.
4. Want a super aggressive investment approach. This course will cover the investment strategy espoused by legendary investors like Warren Buffett and John Bogle. The best part is that it's also the easiest way to invest. In fact, it's simple enough that you'll have no problem understanding it and explaining it to someone else.
5. Are hoping for a trick to beat the market. There are no tricks or gimmicks here, simply the power of the stock market and time.